Thursday, February 02, 2006

Six Poems

Catnip

Orange fur corpuscle
of instantaneous muscle relaxant

silly little smart one
girl of no big vagina

smells air,
remembers boys from outdoors.

They hook you, you lamb.
Pensive and listening,

leap to the floor.
More catnip, more ironing board.

1986

Graffiti non gratis

Shake with a lemon semen fruit
Lunch inner pocket in egg

Oleo yellow hard flakes
smoothed, anyhow, overspread

Large, disarming candidate
for garbage pail

Not while I’m here

You’re out selecting leaves
for Disney Contest, World’s Fair

I want you somehow more alone
not foreigner, you can’t go

Lunch under hemlock, boy
in upper branches. I’m a little amazed

but you say, I am about shy
and secretly ornery.

1986

a wiener/

a wiener is a lovely thing it fits
a wiener fits in the every/every fit in a wiener
is a lovely fit
a fit so fitting in a wiener is a lovely fit
every fist is worse than every wiener
a wiener is a prize fist/a fighting fist/a fist
and it lies down
a wiener lies
down
to brood
and all the melting in the wiener
broods/and in the wiener sparks and sparks
a moment to climb up
a wiener when it’s climbing/tickles every hair/a hair
on a wiener is a great protuberance in desire
a desiring wiener climbs
in every hair/a hair
on a climbing wiener
is desire

1985

Evening at Christa Forster’s with Tim Liu, Dave, Eddie Selden, and Chuck Scott

How I would like to see myself:

paws
pink
rings
eyes

How I would like others to see me:

paws
pink
rings
eyes

How I feel about sex:

cold
freshwater
white sand
dead fish

How I feel about death:

I didn’t want to get married anyway.
My beauty is wasted.
I’ll take off my dress.
May I put my cigarette out on this floor?

1990

The Question Was What You

7/9

I said, after a tiny preamble, night day, diversion, tactic, yak:

You owe me.
He said, "I owe you what?"
"You owe me either."
"Either," he said.
"Either," I said.
"You owe me a book, a very, very good book, one not easy to demolitionize, or, you owe me a child."
What, he bowdlerized.
Book, I sermonized.

7/11

After a tiny preamble, night day, diversion, tactic, yak, I said:

You owe me.
"Owe you what?" he said.
"Either," I said.
"Either," he said.
"A book—a very, very good book, one not easy to demolitionize—or a child."
What! he bowdlerized.
Book, I sermonized.

The Question Was What You

7/26

Gave me, that was all.

1995

SSMARQUEE.SCR
Hear your dreams ...

In my dream, he and she were screwing, and I was screaming her name.
He came too fast with women who came. He needed one who couldn’t come.

We searched hospital beds for my bald-eyed grandmother.
The word on the street was at ninety she could hook.
She mentioned every cop by name.

1996

No comments: